2010년 10월 28일 목요일

Experience Program for Equal Partnership in Future Marital Life of College Students

Only Women are Responsible for Housework?


On August 21st, the Experience Program for Equal Partnership in Future Marital Life of College Students was provided by Seoul YWCA as part of its effort to make a society that job can be compatible with housework. This program is to let participants know how difficult it could be compatible between job and housework and give them opportunity to think about what is equal partnership in marital life.


At first session, Lee Youngja, a guest lecturer, told about gender equality under the title of "Our Home". Before the lecture, participants enjoyed a variety of recreation activities and watched several movies relating gender equality including 'At Her House'. Then, Lee asked for participants' opinions about how they should understand and consider each other in marriage and what they would do if they were in the shoes of person in the movies. One participant said, "I am going to work after graduation. But if I were forced retirement because I was pregnant like the woman in the movie, I would not know what to do. Besides, even if I could work after giving birth, who could care for my baby instead of me?" "Like a couple in the movie, I remember my parent used to fight with each other because of doing housework. I think every wife need to be respected as a individual human being by her husband. They showed hope and blueprint on equal partnership between husband and wife.


Following Lee's lecture, Jin Sungil, who is writing a series of baby book on a webzine called 'Online If', told them his real experience. With his wife and son, he came to tell his know-how on caring for baby and doing housework together with his wife. He said, "Most husbands say they can fully understand about wives' difficulty in doing housekeeping and bringing up their baby. But child-caring and housework are not about understanding but doing. As we have to cook by ourselves to learn how to cook, we have to do housework and care for children by ourselves to fully understand how tough they are."


After all lectures ended, participants gave their thoughts about the gender equality. "Actually, I thought negatively about gender equality and women's organizations before. But I could broaden my view of gender issues after taking this program." "It was really good chance to think again about marriage and child care, which I am going to go through." Through this program, all participants will be able to respect spouse's opinion in their future marriage and make a society where housework and job can be compatible.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기